Inspiration from Class..

While looking at all the alphabet and symbols in class yesterday i was really inspired with all the meaning and history of them. I'm sort of a bookwork so to speak, and while discussing all the history of how our alphabet and language was formed, made me realize how connected we all are as people. Our english language, couldn't have been what it is, if it wasn't for the many cultures involved before America even existed, which was amazing to me. The ability to connect to others through language, symbolic forms, writing and now the design of writing/ Typography just amazes me overall and i had wrote down a few thoughts which I'll just share.

"We are a people of languages, symbolic forms of meaning.
I am a letterform, a shape, a significant being.
An icon for language and truth.
In many forms "I" represents
more than I, can imagine..."

Just thoughts...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so poetic! a really lovely thought I actually never really took into deep consideration. Nice to hear your thoughts

Lesley Steele said...

Thanks =)

Jess P said...

Well said!