Typeface

The theme here is letter existing from metal pieces. Like the
I- I showed in class which was a metal piece left behind... I
looked for other metal parts, rusty one, that look like letters.
For those for which I found no metal part I combined pieces, I know
they all look very different from each other- but thats okay.
The point is that its rusty industrial metal parts.
These are just the photographs trimmed and darkened then
live traced. If you view it up close on some you can even see the
original piece and it shape.


noelis.

1 comment:

MeganHoward said...

I feel that theres a huge inconsistency with your typeface. Most of the characters look as if they belong to different families of their own. I haven't yet been able to here you speak of your intentions so maybe you have a good reason for the inconsistency. I think the thinner, kind of sketchy letters are more successful when compared to the thicker letters and I don't really see how the o fits in with the typeface, why the j is backwards, etc. It would be great if you could explain your ideas/reasons for these designs.