new type + need feedback!


Yoo Yoo- i've changed the type a bit but still am working with the same composition that I felt was most successful. I didnt include the track list side because the type takes quite a while to manipulate and create so I wanted feedback beforehand (scroll down to see my original options) I would like specific feedback in regards to...

1. My idea of overlaying the type on an accetate sheet rather than printing it directly on the cardboard.

2. The new typeface versus helvetica

3. How i've created the typeface using similar vector shapes that I used in my colored graphic versus solid type

4. The type composition in general

Commenting is really appreciated- I would like to hold off on moving foreword until I've heard some feedback since my idea is rather time consuming and expensive. Thanks!


6 comments:

emi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
emi said...

1. "overlaying the type on an accetate sheet rather than printing it directly on the cardboard"
I think it can work if you print it on the cardboard, that way you can manipulate yourself where you want the text to be the top view and where you want the graphics to be on the top as well.

2. "The new typeface versus helvetica" GREAT i think helvetica is over used and recognizable. your art work its so organic and unique and deserve a typeface that can own up to that, and this one does.

3. "i've created the typeface using similar vector shapes that I used in my colored graphic versus solid type" again same as the past two, the typaface it self makes more sense with the art and now you can layer them as you want. have the graphic over some text and vice versa. I think it produces that feeling of galaxy-future-tech. its so cool.

4. "The type composition in general"
I think you already know, this is successful. this composition is aware of the graphic already on the page, thats makes it a success.

MeganHoward said...

thank you i really appreciate it!

e. said...

i also really enjoy the new type face. it's actually really interesting to look at and draws me in a lot more than helvetica which is so ubiquitous.
is this also on clear acetate or is it printed right on the paper?
i think either way is successful, really.

Kash said...

at this point perhaps the acetate overlay is a double-edged sword. you get the cool multi-layer thing, combination of artificial/natural, and the type-free design once you remove it, but you lose the immediate pleasing matte sensation of the kraft paper. so either way works.

much better typeface. the line weight that forms it could be equal to that of the explosion for consistency (and i suspect that too fine a line-weight might print weird). also, try making the type color (small and title and artist two diff colors) to lessen the serious "i am an electronica album" feel.

Callie said...

i think this new typeface is much more successful...the first one was all caps? i like the g lowercase. looks off tha chain good job